50g plain flour
570mls Church Farm Dairy Whole Milk
Seasoning, small bunch fresh chopped parsley
2 tbsp lemon juice
350g fresh haddock – chopped into 1 cm pieces
350g smoked haddock – chopped into 1 cm pieces
4 hardboiled eggs – roughly chopped
900 g potatoes
8 tbsp milk and 50g butter
1. Preheat oven 2000C/ 400F/ gas 6. Grease 2.5 litre oven dish.
2. Fry onion in melted butter for a few minutes then cover, lower heat and allow to soften for 15 minutes.
3. Increase heat, remove pan lid and reduce liquid. Sprinkle in flour and gradually add all milk, stir continuously until thickened.
4. Season with salt & pepper, add lemon juice and raw fish and cook for 2 minutes. Then add smoked haddock pieces and stir in parsley.
5. Carefully transfer to oven dish and cover with hardboiled eggs.
6. For topping – peel potatoes and cut into even pieces. Boil in salted water until cooked. Drain and mash with butter and milk, add seasoning. Spread mash over fish mixture. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes until golden