For Scone Base:
175g cold butter – chopped into small pieces
250g Self raising flour
1 teasp baking powder
50g caster sugar
150mls Church Farm Whole Milk
Squeeze of lemon juice
1 beaten egg
350g strawberries & 1 tbsp strawberry conserve
150g double cream
1. Heat oven to 200 0C/gas 7. Sieve flour and baking powder into mixing bowl and add cold butter. Rub butter into flour until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in sugar. Add milk and squeeze of lemon juice and knead together to form a ball.
2. Roll out onto floured surface into a circle and press into a greased, floured 8 inch sandwich tin. Brush top with beaten egg and sprinkle over a little extra sugar.
3. Bake for 20 mins. until risen and golden. Remove and cool on rack.
4. Hull and slice strawberries. Toss in bowl with and jam. Whisk double cream until stiff.
5. Put scone base on plate, spread cream over & add strawberries. Enjoy this summer treat!!