175g plain flour plus extra for dusting
100g butter (from fridge) cubed
1 large egg, beaten
1 tbsp water
(Or cheat and buy ready made pastry!)
100ml double cream
100ml Whole milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
70g caster sugar
1 tsp nutmeg
1. Heat the oven up to 2000C
2. To make pastry whiz flour and butter in a food processor until it looks like breadcrumbs, add egg and water until a soft dough is formed.
3. Grease a muffin tray or individual tart tins
4. Roll out pastry and line individual muffin trays or tins.
5. Bake pastry blind for 5 minutes with baking beans
6. Make filling by adding all filling ingredients together and whisk.
7. Pour mixture into tart tins, pour through a sieve to create a smooth filling.
8. Bake for 25-30 minutes
9. Remove and allow to cool before removing from tins
10. Decorate with icing sugar and summer fruits or a sprinkle of nutmeg