Firm family favourite and a great side for a
1 kg Maris Piper potatoes
1 clove garlic, crushed
600ml Church Farm Whole Milk
Salt & Pepper
100g Gruyere cheese, grated
1. Heat oven 1500C
2. Peel potatoes and slice very thinly. Place in bowl of cold water then drain well and pat dry in clean tea towel.
3. Grease large shallow ovenproof dish with a little butter and rub around a little garlic.
4. Put milk and remaining butter in large saucepan and bring just to the boil.
5. Add potato slices, remaining garlic, and salt & pepper to saucepan and simmer for 8 minutes.
6. Then transfer everything to prepared dish – spreading potatoes out evenly and sprinkle with cheese and added seasoning if desired.
7. Bake for 1 ½ hours. Serve hot.
Add bacon for a tasty twist!