An elegant light dessert
For the caramel:
140g caster sugar
3 tbsp cold water
For the custards:
500ml Church Farm Whole milk
3 large eggs, plus 2 egg yolks
100g caster sugar
Few drops vanilla extract
2 tbsp Cointreau
1. For caramel: Put sugar in small non-stick frying pan and add water.
2. Heat slowly and stir with metal spoon until dissolved.
3. Increase heat and allow to bubble.
4. Do not stir. When edge begins to colour swirl the pan to ensure even, caramel colour.
5. Heat oven to 160C/140Cfan/gas3.
6. Place 6 ramekins in roasting pan and pour 1tbsp caramel in each, swirling to coat sides a little.
7. Bring milk to simmering, lightly whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar.
8. Gradually whisk in hot milk, strain into a jug and add vanilla and liqueur.
9. Pour evenly into ramekins.
10. Pour boiling water into roasting pan coming halfway up ramekins.
11. Bake for 15-20mins until custards are set.
12. Cool, then chill for 4hrs/ overnight.
13. To turn out, run a knife round the edge, place desert plate on top and invert. Remove ramekin and enjoy!