250g Unsalted Butter
250g Dark Chocolate
250g Self-Raising Flour
250g Golden Caster Sugar
250g Light Brown Sugar
2tbs Coco Powder
100mls Church Farm Whole Milk
4 Large Free-Range Eggs
1 Jar of Salted Caramel
For the Ganache
100g Dark Chocolate
50ml Double Cream
· Pre heat the oven to 150C. Grease and line two 23cm cake tins.
· Add the chocolate, butter, coffee and salt to a saucepan melting over a low heat, stirring continuously – leave to cool a little.
· In a separate bowl mix together the flour, sugars and cocoa.
· Add the milk to the chocolate mixture along with the beaten eggs.
· Pour this into the flour mixture and mix.
· Pour into cake tins and bake for 1 hour.
· Cool the cakes for 10 minutes then turn out onto a wire rack.
· For the ganache, break the chocolate into a bowl.
· Heat the cream in a small pan and remove before it starts bubbling. Pour cream over the chocolate – mix until combined.
· Cover one sponge in half the ganache and half the salted caramel. Place second sponge on top.
· Spoon the remaining ganache on the top and drizzle with the remaining salted caramel. Decorate with chocolate pieces – enjoy!