500g shortcrust pastry
200g raspberry jam
3 tbsp desiccated coconut
300g fresh raspberries
500 ml Church Farm whole milk
5 egg yolks
1 vanilla pod (split and seeds scraped out)
125g caster sugar
4 tbsp cornflour
400ml double cream – softly whipped
Icing sugar to dust
1. Grease 10 inch tart tin. Preheat oven to 200 0C
2. Roll out pastry on floured surface and line tart tin. Prick with fork and chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
3. Then line pastry case with parchment paper and beans and bake blind for 15 minutes. Remove beans and paper and bake for further 5 minutes.
4. Spread raspberry jam on base of pastry case. Sprinkle with coconut and half of fresh raspberries.
5. Bring milk, vanilla pod and vanilla seeds to the boil then simmer for 2 minutes.
6. In a bowl beat egg yolks and sugar then pour in the milk mixture, whisking continuously until smooth. Return the mixture to the pan, whisk in the cornflour a tbsp at a time and heat, stirring continuously until the mixture thickens.
7. Transfer custard to a bowl, sprinkle with icing sugar (to prevent skin forming) and chill in fridge.
8. Whisk whipped double cream into chilled custard and spoon into pastry case. Sprinkle remaining raspberries on top and serve