For the pastry
175g plain flour
100g butter (from fridge) cubed
1 large egg, beaten
1 tbsp water
Knob of butter
1 chopped onion
200g baby spinach
4 large eggs, beaten
300mls Church Farm Whole non – homogenised milk
150g smoked salmon (torn into pieces)
100g grated gruyere cheese
1.Heat oven to 190 0C.To make pastry whiz flour and butter in a food processor until it looks like breadcrumbs
2. Add egg and water until a soft dough is formed.
3. Dust surface with flour and lightly roll out pastry large enough to line a 23cm quiche dish.
4. Prick base all over, line with parchment paper and fill with baking beans.
5. Bake case blind for 10 mins. then remove beans and bake for further 5 mins.
6. Reduce oven to 170 0C.
7. To make filling melt butter in frying pan and lightly fry onion until soft.
8. Place spinach in colander over the sink and pour boiling water from kettle over until wilted. Squeeze out as much water as possible.
9. Beat eggs and milk together and season.
10. Place onion in pastry case, top with salmon and spinach.
11. Pour over milk and egg mixture. Sprinkle with cheese.
12. Bake for 25-30 mins until golden brown.
Replace salmon with diced ham if preferred