Spice up dinner time by adding these to your
vegetable dishes, sure to be a family favourite!
1.3kg Leeks - trimmed, washed and cut into pieces
Salt and Pepper
50g Plain flour
425ml Church Farm Dairy Whole milk
175g Cheddar cheese grated
25g Parmesan cheese grated
1tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Place leeks in a pan of cold salted water, bring to boil and simmer for 3 minutes until tender. Drain
2. Place butter, flour and milk in a saucepan, slowly bring to boil, whisking continuously. Reduce heat and allow to simmer for 2 minutes
3. Remove from heat, stir in grated cheddar, half parmesan and mustard. Season to taste
4. Place leeks in a shallow serving dish, pour over sauce and sprinkle remaining parmesan over top
5. Brown until golden under medium heated grill
This cheese sauce can also be used as a base for any pasta dish that involves white cheese sauces!