A light alternative to traditional Christmas pudding!!
225g Cooking apples, peeled, cored and chopped
150mls Church Farm Whole milk
175g Soft brown sugar
350g Self – raising flour
2 tsp Mixed spice
1 Egg, beaten
25g Demerara sugar
1.Heat oven to 170 0C. Grease and line 20 cm round cake tin.
2. Mix together apples, sultanas, milk and sugar.
3. In another bowl sieve the flour and spice, then rub in the butter.
4. Add both bowls together, fruit mixture and flour, then add egg and mix well.
5. Place in prepared tin, sprinkle with demerara sugar and bake for 1 ¾ hours until risen and golden brown.
6. Serve warm with cream or custard. Or enjoy cold for a tea time treat.